Arranging Dining for Large Groups
Thank you for choosing the Keel Row to provide your group’s special meal.
Our chef cooks freshly prepared food in our small kitchen for diners every evening except Mondays. To assist customers in securing a reservation we have an online booking system.
As a busy restaurant in the tourist season, we manage delivery of service by staggering time slots to a maximum of 6 diners per 15 minutes from 5.30pm. If you are a large group, we ask that you reserve tables of 6 or 4. Those among your party who are booked in for 15 or 30 minutes later can have a drink at the bar prior to moving into the dining room at their allotted time.
Nonetheless, there will be special events where a group of 7 or more persons wish to sit at the same table. We want to facilitate this while maintaining a welcoming service for all diners across the evening. Dealing with a large group at one time requires us to reconfigure our tables, plan the menu and provide extra resources in the dining room and kitchen. To achieve a successful outcome, we have introduced the following process:
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know the size of your group and the date and time you wish to eat. Please provide a contact phone number and a time when you will be available to talk. The earlier a booking is discussed with us, the better prospects there are that your group can be accommodated. A suggested lead time is four weeks ahead.
- One of our team will call you to discuss your requirements, and to confirm whether we are able to accommodate your group. Some groups will simply be too large for us, and we will refer you to other local catering providers. We will work with you to choose a set menu that suit your group’s requirements. Let us know your priority in terms of seating - would you rather have window seats or sit together? Note that we have limited space so we are restricted in seating options - but we will do our best to met your needs.
- We will ask you to provide your group’s order from your chosen set menu at least one week in advance so that the evening goes smoothly. We will also ask you for a non-refundable £50 deposit.
- Experience shows that plans change! Please let us know asap of any changes which could impact your booking. We will contact you a day or two before your reservation, to confirm that we have the correct information and that you still plan to eat with us.
- To ensure good communication we need a contact mobile number in an accessible network. If this is not available within your group, please ask your guest house to provide a mobile number through which we may make contact.
We trust these arrangements will enable large groups to book ahead successfully and have an enjoyable evening while enabling us to provide our standard service to all other customers of the restaurant.
Please note that we reserve the right to apply a service charge of 12.5% depending on the group’s size and requirements. If we need to do this, we will let you know before the booking is confirmed.